The 2018 - 2019 Maryland All-State Band Audition information just released! Here's your list of senior band audition requirements. You'll also be expected to complete a sight-reading component the day of the audition.
For additional information, talk to your band director and visit the Maryland Music Educators Association website.
- Each student will be asked to perform the chromatic scale and one major scale for their instrument, selected from the following keys: C, F, G, D, A, E, B-Flat, E-Flat, A-Flat.
- The scales must be performed from memory.
- Scales will be selected by the adjudicator according to the level of the selection being performed.
- The scales are to be played evenly and smoothly in a 16th note pattern at a metronome speed of quarter = 72.
- All scales are to be played ascending and descending a minimum of one octave, except Flute and Soprano Clarinet who shall perform the scales a minimum of two octaves.
2018 - 2019 All-State Senior Band (Grades 10 – 12) Music
- Flute (Piccolo): Rubank Selected Studies, HL 04470700
- Page 12 – quarter note = 54
- Page 64 – quarter note = 92-100
- Clarinet (Eb Clarinet): Rubank Selected Studies, HL 04470670
- Page 8 – half note = 60
- Page 25 – quarter note = 104-112
- Low Clarinet: Rubank Selected Studies, HL 04470670
- Page 18 – quarter note = 84
- Page 10 – half note = 92
- All Saxophones: Rubank Selected Studies, HL 04470690
- Page 41 – eighth note = 88
- Page 13 – quarter note = 104