It's that time of year again: time to start preparing for Maryland All-State auditions. Here's the list of requirements, straight from the Maryland Music Educators Association website.
Talk to your band director about getting set up, and then go see your private teacher for help preparing your scales, solos, and sight-reading for your audition!
- Each student will be asked to perform the chromatic scale and one major scale for their instrument, selected from the following keys: C, F, G, D, A, E, B- Flat, E-Flat, A-Flat.
- The scales must be performed from memory.
- Scales will be selected by the adjudicator according to the level of the selection being performed.
- The scales are to be played evenly and smoothly in a 16th note pattern at a metronome speed of quarter = 72.
- All scales are to be played ascending and descending a minimum of one octave, except Flute and Soprano Clarinet who shall perform the scales a minimum of two octaves.
2018 - 2019 All State Junior Band (Grades 7 - 9) Music
- Flute (Piccolo): Rubank Advanced, Vol. 1, HL 04470390
- Page 69 - #3 – quarter note = 60
- Page 51 - #14 – dotted quarter note = 60
- Clarinet (Eb Clarinet): Rubank Advanced, Vol. 1, HL 04470310
- Page 24 - #6 (top) – dotted quarter note = 54
- Page 54 – #17 – quarter note = 112
- Low Clarinet: Rubank Advanced, Vol. 1, HL 04470310
- Page 69 - #2 – quarter note = 116
- Page 57 - #27 - quarter note = 68
- All Saxophones: Rubank Advanced, Vol.1, HL 04470370
- Page 30 - #12 quarter note = 72
- Page 42-43 - #25 (no repeats) – quarter note = 132