I haven't forgotten those auditioning for All-State Senior Band! Here's your list of requirements, plus sight-reading. For additional information, talk to your band director and visit the Maryland Music Educators Association website.
You can find the audition requirements of All-State Junior Band in this post.
- Each student will be asked to perform the chromatic scale and one major scale for their instrument, selected from the following keys: C, F, G, D, A, E, B- Flat, E-Flat, A-Flat.
- The scales must be performed from memory.
- Scales will be selected by the adjudicator according to the level of the selection being performed.
- The scales are to be played evenly and smoothly in a 16th note pattern at a metronome speed of quarter = 72.
- All scales are to be played ascending and descending a minimum of one octave, except Flute and Soprano Clarinet who shall perform the scales a minimum of two octaves.
2017-2018 All-State Senior Band (Grades 10 –12) Music
- Flute (Piccolo): Rubank Selected Studies, HL 04470700
- Page 25 - Leggiero e veloce – dotted 16th note = 120
- Page 31 - C Minor – quarter = 69
- Clarinet (Eb Clarinet): Rubank Selected Studies, HL 04470670
- Page 28 - F# Minor – quarter note = 72
- Page 5 - Allegretto – quarter note = 92
- Low Clarinet: Rubank Selected Studies, HL 04470670
- Page 2 - C Major – quarter note = 72
- All Saxophones: Rubank Selected Studies, HL 04470690
- Page 15 - Vivace – dotted quarter note = 80-84
- Page 8 - D Minor – eighth note = 84-92